Monday, November 2, 2009

10 narratives, 10 images each

My mentor and I have been spending a lot of time focusing on my motives for taking pictures. My first written assignment was to list 50 reasons for why I do it. They ranged from simply enjoying the feel of the camera in my hands to issues of self worth. With this list as my starting point, he asked me to write 10 narratives or concepts and illustrate them with 10 images each. This has forced me to orally articulate my narrative in order to be clearer in my visual representation. This has also helped me focus on the importance of sequence. Here is one of my stories.

Now that I am not working, my routines revolve around Annie’s. I tend to get lost in my own thoughts and lose track of time. If it weren’t for her schedule, I wouldn’t know what day it was.













No comments:

Post a Comment